More from the drafts queue:
I mean so well off that she owned a multi unit building in the village and property on the north fork of Long Island. She didn’t have to work at all and I think the married to the job thing was just code be at my beck and call.
I broke up with her, she wasn’t nice. Surprisingly being nice is something of a prerequisite for me in a relationship.
My cousin’s wife was funny because as I described the situation to her later she said, “Couldn’t you have juuusssttt stttaayyyyeeeddd with her?”
She meant well, at least for me in the sense that she knew having a partner so well off would be a good change from the struggle life is normally but amazingly enough it’s not what I’m about. You would think I would have more brains and be about that but I just can’t do that.
There’s that nice thing again.
And while nice could engender a lot of things, let me describe it because just saying someone needs to be nice is somewhat vague - I have to like you, I have to think you’re a good person and respect you. I certainly don’t want to be walking on eggshells around you worried that you’ll blow up over nothing or next to nothing.
Which is something the person in question did more than once in the brief time we were together.
So I may have a shred of integrity, who knew!
You know, I tried to get back to this once as we can see and now I’m trying to revisit it a second time. I’m wracking my brain trying to come up with who it was who said I was married to my job and the only person I can think of might be a very brief relationship I had with someone who was surprisingly well off.If you read with any regularity (and Lord only knows who you are that you wind up here reading this), you’ll have noticed there has been a significant lack of really topical material or life updating as it were.And there things stopped.
There are a couple of reasons for that, primary among them just being terribly busy with work.
A few months back, someone I was seeing at the time said I was married to my job. There are things people can say to you, things they can say about you that can so totally miss the mark as to leave you speechless or simply flat out annoyed. In this case it was just very, very annoying.
I’ve been lucky, I’ve had steady work for the last few months but I know quite a few people in my stellar neighborhood who simply can’t admit to being quite as fortunate. And almost to a person, in each instance it is not a matter of the person being bad at what they do but more about their age, or if not their age the economy, or if not the economy just their circumstance.
And folks... bad things happen to you when you don’t have money to pay your bills.
So, I take the whole work thing pretty seriously. Not just in the sense of doing a good job but also in all the things around working, like being on time and just being there. And given my location in relation to my job there is a certain amount of time that is built into the day just for getting back and forth and after that there really isn’t much time left over.
And out of the time left over, there is a lot to do and less energy to do it.
But, I notice something about life...
I don’t know if other people have noticed this too but, sometimes when you are caught up in this flurry of activity and don’t know how things are going to get done, how you’ll be able to squeeze the time in to do them or anything else, more just gets done.
Maybe it’s because of the lack of focus – the inability to worry or obsess over things both trivial and mundane that more things are able to be processed. Somehow, it seems to be the case though. Lots of things are happening, crisis popping up, people to meet, projects to finish.
Take this past weekend as an example: even though there was a short week – work was busy cramming five days of effort into four.
And at the very end of it there was ‘the pitch.’
The pitch is something familiar to anyone who has worked in the world of advertising or related fields. It’s akin to a...
And as with everything in my drafts queue, I have to put on my thinking cap to try and remember just what it was I was referencing when I started down the path to writing a particular entry. I love writing but there are times admittedly when I get distracted or just go off on a tangent and I find myself somewhere and can’t figure out how I arrived at that place (this happens to me with alarming frequency).
I mean so well off that she owned a multi unit building in the village and property on the north fork of Long Island. She didn’t have to work at all and I think the married to the job thing was just code be at my beck and call.
I broke up with her, she wasn’t nice. Surprisingly being nice is something of a prerequisite for me in a relationship.
My cousin’s wife was funny because as I described the situation to her later she said, “Couldn’t you have juuusssttt stttaayyyyeeeddd with her?”
She meant well, at least for me in the sense that she knew having a partner so well off would be a good change from the struggle life is normally but amazingly enough it’s not what I’m about. You would think I would have more brains and be about that but I just can’t do that.
There’s that nice thing again.
And while nice could engender a lot of things, let me describe it because just saying someone needs to be nice is somewhat vague - I have to like you, I have to think you’re a good person and respect you. I certainly don’t want to be walking on eggshells around you worried that you’ll blow up over nothing or next to nothing.
Which is something the person in question did more than once in the brief time we were together.
So I may have a shred of integrity, who knew!
No comments:
Post a Comment